And the lead paint rant continues.
She's so not done. Olivia clearly has much more to say on the issue of lead paint. And I'm completely smacking myself in the forehead for not photocopying part of her letter (because it would have been so much better if you saw it with your own eyes). But since I boogered up and let her seal it in the envelope before thinking to scan it, I'll have to give you the transcript version.
Today in homeschool, Olivia was scheduled for writing. She chose to write back to her penpal in Hawaii (isn't that so cool? A penpal on an island!) So, she got to work, feverishly writing and drawing her heart out before bringing her letter to me for proof reading. And I had to bite my lip to keep a straight face when I read a part of it that went something like this;
Do you have Polly Pockets? Get rid of them. Fox News says they have poison in them. The Chinese have been painting them with led (misspell intended).
Now, to help her understand Mattel's role in this mess.....sigh. And all we had to worry about was getting burned on our Easy Bake light bulbs or getting cut with the edge of a metal toy.
Toni
12 comments:
One of the blessings of homeschooling...not missing out on these gems! Thanks for the laugh...Olivia is so cute- being concerned for her pen pal's safety!
~Rose
Yeah, it's a shame. Of course, when I was growing up lead-based paint was used inside homes and on baby cribs.
Olivia is a hoot!!! Izzi has LOTs of Polly Pockets. Better not tell her!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I just read this and your last post about the Olivia and the lead paint scare. What cracked me up was your one liner at the end - since Easy Bakes ARE currently in a huge recall because kids got their hands stuck in them while they were hot! Maybe we should just return to toys of yesteryore. At least it would be more fun to sue the city for planting the tree that had the limb that smacked some kid too hard on the arm when he tried to fashion it into a slingshot! That's about how rediculous it's gotten. Olivia sounds so very sweet, though.
I didn't mean to type "THE" Olivia. I'm sure you don't have several.
Olivia just sounds like a total peach!
Too cute! Oh, and you forgot about stepping on a light brite peg and getting it stuck in your foot!
Lego are dangerous too! Step on one of those suckers in the middle of the night. You will say a bad word!
Oh my goodness! That is great!
Gotta love the time in homeschool. What a blessing,
Sue
Donna, your comment nearly had my coffee spewed on my computer screen! And Dana's and Special K Toni's, too.
I love Olivia's concern for her penpal. She's a sweetheart.
My poor son had to surrender is Thomas "Stop sign" - out of all his Thomas things he was obsessed with the stop sign.
We have an old house with lead everywhere! What to do...
Seriously. I am so annoyed with all of this crap already.
Post a Comment