Sunday, March 23, 2008

Recent scrapbook layouts

Sharing a few recent layouts. Btw, after you're done viewing mine, stop by Miss Sniz's blog and take a look at hers. She taught me how to get started and let me tell you, she cranks out beautiful pages in waaaaay less time than I scrap mine. She's the queen of paperclipping, I tell you (well, next to Noell Hyman, that is.)


I used cinnomon Stickles around the title, to corner the focal image, and on a few tiny circles in the circle pattern paper. I used Diamond Stickles on the flower and the word "FUN". It's not visible in the photo, but the background paper has mini yellow-gold dots on it (thus the yellow gold mat under the focal image).

Journaling:
You are so special to all of us. It's been a year of amazing blessings. We can't believe you're "1".


This layout was scrapped in 8x11. I scrap in multiple sizes and place all together in a d-ring binder (at least temporarily). The journaling on this layout reads:
Oh, how your expression in this photo makes me giggle. The thing is, Daddy and I have never been big on baby shoes. We'd rather wait until we see attempts to stand, at which time baby is ready for a new pair of shoes. Well here you are at 10 months old. Brandon, you didn't know whether to laugh or cry. As the photo reveals, you did a bit of both (simultaneously).

This layout was scrapped 8x8.
Paperclips are handstitched to the page.







I'm not a big fan of super cutesie stickers, but who could resist this cute dragon for a 6yo boy's birthday layout. Title was hand lettered by moi. I like how it turned out.

Toni

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
You have so much talent at this. I can't help but be envious. And to think when I met you, you weren't even doing this. These pages look so great. How long does it take you, per average to do a page? I love the paperclip idea and the paint-circle idea (how'd you do that one) and I noticed you're doing a lot of ink-aging on the edges of things. That is something I have vowed to remember to do so often. I'm always in such a hurry, the little details just don't show up on my pages. :-(

Toni said...

It usually takes a few hours to complete a page, if I consider the design time. But I tend to do them in phases; design one time, then layout the next. The title is often my hold up. I sat on the birthday layout for 3 days before settling on how I wanted to add the title (and where I wanted it on the page).

Sigh. Not the fastest scrapbook method, but I'm still trying to find my overall style and method. I reeeeally want to read Stacy Julian's PHOTO FREEDOM, as from what I've heard, she might be my scrapbook cup of tea, so to speak.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Toni said...

Oops, forgot to say...
To add the paint circle, I just inverted a bowl on the layout, then dry brushed acrylic paint around it.

Susan said...

Oh my gosh the shoes page is the best. You are awesome at this. I don't scrap book but as I look at these it makes me want o begin.

Christina Carnoy said...

your lo's are adorable!

Debbie said...

Toni, those are beautiful! You and Ms. Sniz are very inspiring!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Very sweet and pretty! Good job, girl!

Anonymous said...

Your pages are wonderful! I do rubber stamping, but haven't gotten much into scrap booking. Now with 5 kids it is way to intimidating! ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been spending way too much time at the paperclipping site! Thanks for the sweet words, friend. I saw your layouts at the CK website. You never did tell me how you did the paint circle and letters. I really want to know! And after reading Noelle's review of Photo Freedom, it sounds like it would be my cup of tea too! If you get it, can I look at it?

Toni said...

Yes, Sniz. If I get Photo Freedom, you'll have to read it too. And as for the paint circle on my layout, I just used a plate with the right diameter and dry brushed acrylic paint around it (non-scrapbookers, no need to gasp, lol. Acrylic paints are acid free.)
Blessings,
~Toni~

Mayhem And Miracles said...

He is like ice cream. Just sweet sweet sweet!!!!

Hunny Bee said...

I'm not big on scrapbooking myself but I love to see what others have done (and then wish that I was into it so I could make something so cool too). These are great pages. So special. Great job!