On the 6th day, God created man AND beast!
A conversation between Reece and I as we headed into Sam's Club tonight.
Reece, very affectionately: "I love holding hands with you, Momma."
Me, drinking the moment in: "Aw, thanks, bud. I really like holding your hand too."
Reece, reflective and then, matter-of-fact: "I don't like holding Daddy's hand."
Me, unsettled by Carl's close proximity: "Reece! That's not really a nice thing to say about your Daddy."
Reece, quickly clarifying: "No, momma, I love Daddy. But I just don't want to hold his hand because it's all fuwwy (furry)."
BA HAHAHAHA!
(I assure you, it's not that furry.)
Gen 2:19
Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name.
Toni
10 comments:
BA HA HA HA HA!!! That is priceless! The pic just MAKES that one!
I love how kids don't hold back. My own son Owen who is almost 7 said recently at our church gathering, "I don't like to pray." No pretense...just exactly what he feels. Sort of refreshing really.
Love the photos of your BEAUTIFUL park (backyard) and those moon boots look super fun! Have a wonderful summer!
~Rose
This is very sweet, Toni.
Carl's fingernails are not black.
LOL! That Reece is just too cute! I just love hearing what he will say next!!!
Aren't you glad you're nice and soft? (And un-furry)
The boys never wanted to cuddle with Mike because of his whiskers.:-)
Well, I sure hope his hands are THAT furry. Good grief. LOL
Girl, I want you to start posting your scrapbook pages on here. Especially THE CHALLENGE that you won! I've been talking to Rog...we want to go out as couples on a Friday night. Whad'ya think?
I love your kid conversations, Toni.
LOL!
Post a Comment